The state of Florida has always been plagued with fly-by-night roofing companies. You don’t usually have to go very far to hear a story of someone being taken advantage of by a roofing company or other construction company.
Mid Florida Roofing is proud to be a part of Central Florida since 1999. If you’ve heard the stories, chances are, we have too. Even though we always feel bad for the buyers, we also know there are ways they could have saved themselves some heartache.
This list is prepared for you as you shop for a roofing company to either repair or replace your existing roof.
Always make sure to receive a written estimate on all roofing projects.
If you want to know the company’s experience, make sure to ask the following questions:
- How long have they been in business?
- If you have a specialty roof, ask for samples of their work. Shingle roofs are the easiest and then the level of difficulty goes up from there. Make sure you hire an experienced roofer to handle the type of roof you want.
- Call to check custom references. If possible, drive to that location to view the work yourself.
- Are they members of any professional associations?
License and Insurance
- Is the roofing company licensed and bonded in the State of Florida. (very important)
- Check to make sure their license is current. It’s amazing how many people will not do this.
- What insurance do they carry? Make sure to obtain a copy of each policy.
Make sure to obtain several estimates while checking on the following:
- Compare materials used with the manufacturers websites.
- Be careful of a low quote. This is usually an indication of poor quality materials. Check the materials and definitely make sure they have the experience to match your job.
- Make sure the estimate offers a manufacturer’s warranty.
- Find out how many sub-contractors they will be hiring. And if their insurance covers those subcontractors.
- Find out if their staff and contractors have attended any safety training.
- Professional appearance while on your property.
- What is the availability with the project manager. Will they communicate with you before, during and after the roofing project?
- Will they show up on time and finish up your roofing project in a timely manner?
- Will they clean up the site after the work is completed?
Choosing the right Orlando roofing company
Even though this list was developed for you to help protect you against shady roofing companies, the list itself contain the core values of Mid Florida Roofing. Let our vast knowledge and experience in the roofing industry can be your peace of mind.
With over 15 years in the Orlando area roofing market, Mid Florida Roofing is your premier contractor for roof repairs / maintenance and re-roofs. We have built a reputation of 100% customer satisfaction. and look forward to serving all of your roofing needs.